Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Crickets and Summer Sounds

Have you really taken the time to listen to the sounds of the Seasons? The other night the crickets outside my kitchen window were so loud I could hardly hear myself think! My phone rang it was a sister from California. After a few minutes she said, "are you outside", (it was 10:30 at night), I said no. She said, "those are pretty loud crickets". I said they sure are and I'm ten feet from the window!
The summer sounds are some of the best! Kids splashing in sprinklers, all kinds of music in the air, people mowing their lawns, the sound of neighbors chatting with each other, the "good humor man", (although there isn't anything humorous about him really), families in the parks, the list goes on. Don't we wish we could hang onto these sounds? I guess we can in our memories.
Who knows. I love them can't wait for next summer to get under way. Until then make your list of sounds of the summer, and I will look forward to the sounds of Fall, Winter and Spring!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl, This looks great! Very colorful and fun! You are so way ahead of me at keeping up your blog. I think FB got a hold of me and now I need to get back on track! Love you, Rache'l oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear from you again. It was so nice to see you at the Doterra meeting and see some of your family. I'm glad you've had a good summer.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead a say a few words..