Monday, August 3, 2009

Car Repairs Continue and End

Let me just start by saying, it is not nice to tell a nice lady in 90 degree heat (with no signs of it letting up for awhile) "sorry there are no parts for you cars air conditioning system in the whole U.S.A. for at least 3 to 4 weeks" AND, if you want to be sure you get yours you must pay up front!!! I asked, exactly what parts are we talking about and how MUCH? Well they rattled off a list of things to the tune of $1,600.00's give or take a few! Well I must have sounded like an idiot because all I could keep saying was, "you have got to be kidding" over and over again. Mind you I don't drive a fancy Mass-ear-rati or anything like that. It is a little 2005 PT Crusier, Chrysler......that last word could be the problem.....There will be a lot of "steamed, hot under the collar" Chrysler drivers commuting on the roads you drive on so watch out!

So in the mean time I have figured out (from a friend with the same problem) that you start out with a spray bottle of some nice scented water. Spray yourself down, put the windows down and by the time I get to work I should be dry and smell pretty good, (now if I can just figured out how to drive 65 miles per hour out University Avenue and hit all the green lights) I will have it made!

I'll let you know how it works out.....stay cool til next time!

2 comments:

  1. Holy Moley! Please go see Phil's mechanic. It may be the same story but it may not! Or trade that sucker in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, let me know what the problem is that you're having with your A/C and I'll see if I can help you out? Your A/C shouldn't cost that much at all to fix, you're getting taken advantage of by someone for sure. Just e-mail me all the symptoms that you're experiencing, it could be something as simple as recharging your system, which you could do yourself for under $60. Well, I hope to hear from you!

    -Addam Schwartz

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead a say a few words..