Friday, September 4, 2009

Here's an interesting thought...

Today 9-04-09 if things were different, I would be celebrating my "forty-fifth" wedding anniversary with the husband I once had...it has been some twenty one years now. Lots of time, feelings, emotions, challenges.... you name it, have come and gone......But, I am celebrating today in a different way, with memories.......

I celebrate my children and the fact that they have stood by me, and loved me, and comforted me when I really needed them.

I celebrate my grandchildren....I love them so much my teeth ache!

I celebrate my friends that have always been there for me.

I can't forget the important people in my family that have always been there for me, I celebrate you all....
(mother, dad, my sister's, brother and their spouses, etc....you know who you are).

We don't know what the caution and yield signs will mean to us. And it may not be very easy at times....many unanswered questions. But we do the best we can one day at a time. I am so grateful for the challenges and the blessings, we learn from both that's for sure. I know it will all work out in the end!!

I want to celebrate the gospel of Jesus Christ...and the power we gain from it in troubled times.....it's all good!
We never know what lies ahead on the "highway" of life, but I know with strength I draw from the above mentioned, I can keep traveling along hopefully taking the right turns.

Thanks, and more thanks to you all.....I love you!!







2 comments:

  1. Darling Cheryl,

    What a beautiful post. How I wish that man could have been different, he was so good in so many ways. You have been amazing to do all this alone. I am in awe of you, I really am. You have been cheerful and supportive of your kids and done everything right. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is touched ... my 37th would have been next week ... in spite of it all, we came out ahead, didn't we.

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead a say a few words..